Do Business Downtown
Downtown Wilkes-Barre’s renaissance is attracting national attention. Come see for yourself what all the excitement is about!
Consider the following facts:
- Downtown Wilkes-Barre is Northeastern Pennsylvania’s largest downtown employment center.
- Downtown Wilkes-Barre is anchored by two four-year institutions of higher education – Wilkes University and Kings College
– with more than 7,500 students between the two downtown campuses.
Downtown’s other educational institutions include Luzerne County
Community College’s Wilkes-Barre Center, Holy Redeemer High
School, and two private elementary schools.
- Downtown Wilkes-Barre is walkable! Our historic downtown is alive
with an abundance of quality restaurants, shops, art venues, community
amenities and more, all anchored by Boscov’s Department Store and R/C
Theatres’ 14-screen multiplex cinema.
- Downtown Wilkes-Barre’s cultural lineup, anchored by the F.M. Kirby Center for the Performing Arts, includes the Luzerne County Historical Society’s museum and library, the Sordoni Art Gallery of Wilkes University, the Widmann Art Gallery of King’s College, and many private art venues and galleries.
- Downtown Wilkes-Barre is Northeastern Pennsylvania’s premiere
neighborhood for those seeking a “walk-to-everything” lifestyle – 4,000 residents already call Downtown home.
To learn more about Downtown and the City of Wilkes-Barre, click here.