DCP's work focuses on simultaneously improving Downtown's environment, Downtown's image, and Downtown's economy.
- DCP's Downtown Ambassador Team provides on-street services throughout the Downtown Wilkes-Barre Business Improvement District. Five days a week, our three-person team removes trash, graffiti, and stickers; maintains pet waste stations; removes snow and ice from sidewalk ramps, maintains more than 186 seasonal hanging flower baskets and a dozen large self-watering sidewalk planters, and provides directions and assistance to visitors.
- DCP has planted more than 40 bare-root trees throughout Downtown since 2020, helping to rebuild our center city's shade-tree canopy.
- DCP's Façade Grant program, created to help Downtown’s property and business owners make appropriate improvements and encourage best practices in storefront and signage design, have provided more than $180,000 in façade and storefront grants to 35 downtown businesses and properties, leveraging $1 million in private investment.
- DCP planning initiatives are transforming the appearance of Public Square and other key elements of Downtown's public realm.
- DCP funded and installed pedestrian and vehicular wayfinding signage to guide visitors to center city destinations.
- DCP’s public art initiatives have produced new murals and sculptures throughout Downtown.
- DCP’s website is the primary online portal for information about Downtown Wilkes-Barre.
- DCP’s social media channels and “This Week in Downtown Wilkes-Barre” weekly e-newsletter promote downtown activities to thousands of subscribers and followers.
- DCP produces a variety of special events throughout the year, including Sunsets on South Main, Downtown Discoveries, the Downtown Wilkes-Barre Holiday Market, and Wilkes-Barre Restaurant Week, to showcase our center city's offerings.
- From street lighting to park improvements, DCP convenes and champions discussions and initiatives intended to advance Downtown’s planning, development, and long-term vitality.
- DCP created and maintains the Downtown Wilkes-Barre Action Plan – the market-based “business plan” for Downtown Wilkes-Barre.
- DCP retains and attracts businesses and new commercial investment to Downtown through marketing and direct outreach.
- DCP is the first point of contact for those interested in downtown retail and commercial investment.
- DCP markets the current incentives and resources that are available to downtown business owners.
- DCP manages and maintains a database of available downtown properties.
- DCP is Downtown Wilkes-Barre's market data source, collecting and disseminating up-to-date information regarding available downtown properties, occupancy rates, and lease rates/sales prices.